(this was emailed to families on July 30, 2020)
As you know, we have been making plans for the three different scenarios for our return to classes this fall, and anxiously awaiting the announcement from Governor Walz this afternoon. In an attempt to provide a rapid response to this announcement, our dedicated school board had planned on a Special Board meeting this evening.
However, we now feel that we need some more time to review all the options, the new information from MDE, MDH, and the governor this afternoon, as well as consider the decision by the Hopkins School District, as MDE has issued a ruling about district transportation which will affect our busing options.
For those reasons, we have decided to postpone our Special Board meeting until August 5th, at 6:30 pm. At this meeting, the ISLA School Board will be deciding which scenario ISLA will be adopting for the fall of 2020.
Thank you for everything you are doing to help us on this journey.